Food to improve immunity
Immunity is not a one-day affair and there is no single magic food to boost immunity. For a Strong immune system, we need to make a balance between different elements like a healthy lifestyle, adequate hydration, regular exercise meditation, sound sleep and most important balanced nutrition with incorporation of antioxidant-rich food.
take a balanced diet everyday and try to add these 9 foods that boost immunity.
- Probiotic food is a live culture of helpful bacteria that improve the functioning of gut microbiota. Mostly immune cells live in the gastrointestinal tract. gut microbiota identifies toxins harmful bacteria, allergic food and other health hazards and develops immunity against them.Regular consumption of fermented dairy products like curd yoghurt kefir enhances gut functioning thus helps to boost immunity.
- Garlic helps to increase T cell formation, shows antimicrobial, antiviral properties due to the presence of allicin sativum it hlps to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It is a natural blood thinner.
- Gingerr is popularly used as a home remedy for treating common cold and flu. it has anti-inflammatory properties that stimulate the production of interferon. Ginger roots having a compound named as gingerol responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce chronic pain, swelling, or inflammation on joints, sore throat, and nausea. Ginger also boosts metabolism.
- Green tea has immune-boosting effect as it is enriched with antioxidants and polyphenols a potent antioxidant reduce inflammation, protect against cancer lower risk of heart disease contains catechin a natural antioxidant that prevents cell damage reduce the formation of free radicals.
- Turmeric contains antioxidant compound curcumin which shows antimicrobial anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It activates the production of T cells. It also improves appetite and digestion. it also good for immproving liver function.
- spinach contains vitamin C, iron and folate helps to repair DNA and make new cells, the fibre present in the green leafy vegetable is good for gut function.
- Onion contains immune-boosting compounds like selenium, zinc, vitamin c and a sulfur-containing compound which shows antiviral and antimicrobial effects. It has anti-cancerous properties also.
- Citrus fruits like orange, lemon, kiwi, bell pepper are a good source of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant helps to prevent from free radical damages and prevent from various diseases and infection.this group also contains good amount of potassium, copper, magnesium, vitamin b6 and fibre with a variety of phytochemicals, which improve immune function and metabolism
- Almonds are a good source of vitamin E, manganese, magnesium and fibre these things helps to immprove immune functions